Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

The garden is finally planted. My peas are blooming and I hope to have peas relatively soon. They do look beautiful! Everything else is slowly coming up. Spinach, pole beans, carrots, swiss chard, beets, lettuce, tomato plants, bush beans...I had to rip up my zuchinni, cucumbers, squash and pumpkins. The striped cucumber beetle completely ate everything before I even realized they were there. I had to buy new transplants from the greenhouse which I wasn't too happy about. I planted and had to cover everything with a sheet because those little beetles were flocking to my plants! I took the sheets off yesterday and haven't seen another bug yet, so I think I'm going to be okay. Let's hope anyway.

I planted sunflowers on Wed 6-11. My sil is getting married in September so I grew more than I normally would. Hopefully she can use them when the time comes.

Also, my oldest son graduated from pre-school last Thursday. What a great celebration! Hard to believe he's going to be five in less than a month.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

No comments: