Friday, June 27, 2008

Today

Lot's of weeding today. And planting more carrots. I want to make sure I have plenty to freeze for this winter. I picked and froze pea pods today. I have a ton and figured I'd freeze some for stir fries this winter. Eli loves to pick and eat the peas right from the garden. Love that!


What else. The cucumber beetles are back. I guess they never really left. I've been covering my squashes and pumpkins with an old sheet. The cucumbers and zuch's I've covered with pails. I'm so sick of those bugs! I would have thought (from reading online) that they'd be gone by now.
Apparently I have some very tasty plants.



I've been in Birthday party planning mode. My oldest, Elijah, turns the BIG 5 in July. The invitations went out today. Hopefully his friends can make it. It will be a construction theme with lots of bull dozers, excavators, dump trucks, etc. He's a real "man's man" as my friend likes to say! I would have to agree.



I hope everyone is enjoying this nice summer weather we've been having. I know me and the boys have.

No comments: