Monday, January 19, 2009

Fresh Snow

It snowed at least 8" yesterday. The temps finally worked their way out of the single digits this morning so the kids and I decided to trek through the corn field for an adventure. Eli has his own skiis. Gabe got to ride in the sled attached to a rope that was held by my waist. Not an easy venture for me...my camera dangling from my neck, skiing AND pulling Gabe-o, who loved piling the snow into the sled making it that much heavier for me to pull. Good times.




The chosen path.





You can barely see the house with all of the effing corn.



At least the turkeys and deer will feast on corn treats all winter.



The bottom field with more effing corn.




Gabe thought he would walk home. Until he realized how deep the snow was and how much more fun it was to be dragged by momma.







Ah, home again.



King of the snowbank.



Cheers to a three-day weekend and a new President tomorrow.

`


1 comment:

Lori said...

Pulling Gabe was probably hard enough without all the snow that piled up on his sled. LOL

I can't believe that corn is still there.