Friday, February 13, 2009

Bread!

I did make bread yesterday. It came out fantastic. I found a new recipe to try and this is the one I've been searching for. It's perfect. Moist, light and airy. Yum! I'm going to try to tweak it a little - add oatmeal and then probably make wheat bread as well. There's something about white bread that I really like. Not the healthiest I guess, but so good.

The yeast. Foamy and frothy.


Into the mixer with flour and water.


This is the first time I haven't kneaded by hand.

Bread dough.

Off to rise in front of the chimney.


And then I got distracted by this robin. Yes. I said robin! And I was so excited, I forgot to take pics of the risen dough, rolling it out and rising it in the bread tins. Hey, it happens!



The finished product. And seconds after taking this picture, I indulged in warm bread, fresh from the oven. With butter of course. Baking bread reminds me of my mom. She would always make homemade bread on Sunday. The smell was intoxicating.

1 comment:

Lori said...

You have gorgeous loaves! I'm so jealous. LOL