Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cemetery


The road right next to our house is beautiful. Rows of large maples, fields and a little cemetery. The Marston Cemetery. It is home to quite a few of the Jacobs relatives. I once did some research and found that some of the first settlers in Massachusettes were the Jacobs. Some of them were even tried for witchcraft and later executed because of it. That explains a lot. :) Anyway, the remaining Jacobs' ended up moving to a little town in Maine called Mount Vernon. Here they fought in the American Revolution, settled down and raised families. I love this cemetery, and if there was room, would be buried here as well. It's peaceful and serene. However, it does need some work. Some gravemarkers have been toppled due to the age and weather. I need to look into what needs to be done to fix them. I think it's a little creepy that my husbands name is on one of the gravestones. Wouldn't that be strange to see your name on a gravestone???? He thinks it is!



1 comment:

Lori said...

That's so cool! I find family history so interesting.