Saturday, May 31, 2008

Busy Spring

Well, it's been a busy spring...for everyone, I'm sure. I work for the Town and our fiscal year ends June 30th. Between helping write the Warrant for Town Meeting June 7th, putting together the Annual Town Report, not to mention the monthly Newsletter...let's just say I'm glad it's pretty much wrapped up!

So, my garden is still not planted. I'm planning on doing it on Monday. We finally got much needed rain today (we're 3" below normal for the month of May). I've been waiting because of the lack of rain, the cold temps and lack of time. My peas are doing well though. They're about 6" and thriving. My seedlings are out of control. I'm not even quite sure how they're going to do. They're monsters because I'm sure I waited too long. What can I do though?

I put 400lbs of moo doo in my garden yesterday. I still need to rake it out. Not sure where it came from but I found what I believe is a bagworm. Nasty! I'm probably nieve in thinking it's the only one in there. I've never seen them before. It took me awhile to find it on the net.

No comments: